Marco Thio, our Head of Business Development will be virtually attending The UK Japan Free Trade Summit on 20 January 2021.
Contact us to discuss any networking opportunities during the event or for any other business opportunities.
Th UK Japan Free Trade Summit is a high-profile conference will provide delegates with an in-depth understanding of the agreement’s key benefits as well as an analysis of the business opportunities in the key industry sectors, both in terms of export potential and direct investment.
Key topics include:
- What does trade between the UK and Japan look like at the moment and how has it been impacted by COVID-19? Which new benefits will the FTA bring to UK businesses (majors and SMEs), entrepreneurs and exporters? Successfully moving towards the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership
- Benefitting from the new Rules of Origin, tariff free access for more UK goods and strong tariff reductions for others
- Successfully building on the UK’s existing international obligations to ensure high standards. Protecting UK goods – new geographical indications (GIs). Meeting the UK’s commitments on diversity and inclusion, climate change, environmental protection, animal welfare and food standards. Dispute resolution
- How will the FTA impact the future of the UK financial services, professional and business services sectors? Increased transparency and streamlined application processes for licence applications. Eliminating barriers to cross-border trade and investment and effectively co-operating on reducing regulatory friction between two countries
- Supporting the free flow of data between Japan and UK whilst maintaining high standards of protection for personal data and maximising opportunities for digital trade across all sectors of the UK economy. Promoting innovation and growth of the UK firms operating in Japan. Ban on data localization. Approach to cybercrime
- Creating more opportunities in the manufacturing, food & drinks sector: increased market access, tariff reductions and tariff-free sectoral agreements, new protections, improved mobility for business people, standards and rules of origin