Electrospinning is a versatile technique for creating fibrous scaffolds suitable for a range of applications in cell culture and therapeutic implants. The Electrospinning Company is expert in the manufacturing of highly consistent electrospun membranes at scale. The company works in ISO Class VII clean rooms with well-maintained, calibrated equipment to stringent quality-controlled operating procedures governed by ISO 13485:2016 certification.
We offer clients a bespoke manufacturing service for research grade and clinical grade material. Customers will agree product specifications and product supply terms and conditions. We provide supporting documentation including Certificates of Conformance for all batches.
Our capabilities include:
- Cleanroom modules that permit segregation of workflows
- Electrospinning machines from three manufacturers
- Vacuum drying and removal of residual solvent
- Thermal annealing
- Solution dispensing
- Die-cutting and laser machining
- Sonic welding
- Packaging including a blister pack line
We provide further services through our network of approved suppliers:
- Sterilisation by gamma-irradiation, e-beam or ethylene oxide treatment
- Bioburden and sterility studies
- Plasma treatment
- Mechanical testing
We supply the first electrospun material component to be included in an FDA-approved medical device and sold in the USA.
Quality is checked visually and by SEM within the clean room. All materials are supplied to customers with Certificates of Analysis/ Conformance.