At The Electrospinning Company we can design and manufacture electrospun scaffolds in a wide range of formats, morphologies, shapes and sizes. We can tailor a range of attributes to match your needs for cell growth and behaviour and fit with other materials or medical device components.
We can work with you to turn an idea or concept design into a Target Product Profile and Study Plan taking into account technical challenges, regulatory strategy and cost-of-goods implications.
- Raw Material: synthetic and biological polymers. We can select polymers to tailor mechanical properties such as stiffness and elasticity as well as degradation rate.
- Porosity: fibre diameter and pore size
- Fibre orientation: random or aligned and combinations for optimised orientation and strength.
- Scaffold thickness
- Sheets or complex shapes
Electrospinning and Post-spinning Processing
We have these capabilities within our modular clean room facilities:
- Electrospinning machines from three manufacturers as well as proprietary R&D equipment
- Vacuum drying and removal of residual solvent
- Thermal annealing
- Solution dispensing
- Die-cutting and laser machining
- Solvent and sonic welding
- Packaging including a blister pack line
We provide further services through our network of approved suppliers:
- Sterilisation by gamma-irradiation, e-beam or ethylene oxide treatment
- Bioburden and sterility studies
- Plasma treatment
- Mechanical testing
Analysis and Quality Control
We will supply a Certificate of Analysis or Conformance with all samples
(some analytical studies are out-sourced to approved suppliers)
Contact us to discuss your scaffold requirements