TECL005 Mimetix Aligned 96-well plate
The Mimetix® Aligned 96-well plate is an easy to use tool for the culture of cells which are influenced by topographical features. The Mimetix aligned fibres are fixed into a standard 96-well plate frame without the use of glue.
The Mimetix® Aligned 96-well plate is an easy to use tool for the culture of cells which are influenced by topographical features. The Mimetix aligned fibres are welded into a standard 96-well plate frame without the use of glue. They are fixed at the well edges but loose inside wells allowing cells to wrap around them fibres.
Aligned microfibres provide a physical structure for the 3D culture of cell from tissues such as the central nervous system, skeletal muscle and heart, where cellular orientation has been shown to play a significant role in the respective tissue functions, and aims to induce these functions in vitro.
- Minimal protocol adaption required to switch from 2D to 3D.
- Compatible with industry-standard automated handling and imaging equipment.
- High batch-to-batch consistency.
- Material: medical-grade poly-L-lactide (PLLA)
- Fibre diameter: 2 μm
- Scaffold thickness: 2-4 μm
- Fibre density: 130 fibers/ mm2
- Non-biodegradable in in vitro applications
- Supplied with lid.
- Supplied gamma- or e-beam- irradiated in individually-sealed plastic wrapping.
Usage & Handling:
- Compatible with fluorescence microscopy.
- Scaffolds can be coated with materials to facilitate cell adhesion in low serum conditions.
- Cells can be removed from the Mimetix® scaffold by trypsinisation and gentle agitation.
- Protocols for cell seeding, assays, and imaging are available in our Technical Support section.
Store at room temperature in the dark
Download spec sheet: TECL-005 Mimetix Aligned 96-well plate v5.0