TECL002 Mimetix 96-well plate
The Mimetix 96-well plate, our highly-consistent and easy-to-use 3D platform, holds great promise to reduce the number of costly drug failures in clinical trials, enabling more realistic tumour and toxicology models.
Mimetix® 96-well plate for cell-based assays in pack of 8 plates
The Mimetix® 96-well plate, our highly-consistent and easy-to-use 3D platform, holds great promise to reduce the number of costly drug failures in clinical trials, enabling more realistic tumour and toxicology models. The Mimetix scaffold is incorporated into a standard 96-well plate frame with a 190 micron polystyrene base having superior optical clarity, using a proprietary welding technology which provides minimal base distortion and avoids the use of glues. The scaffold depth of 50 μm is thick enough to provide the benefits of 3D cell morphology and behaviour yet thin enough to allow microscopic imaging.
- True 3D environment rather than a roughened 2D surface.
- Minimal protocol adaption required to switch from 2D to 3D.
- Compatible with industry-standard automated handling and imaging equipment.
- Material: medical-grade poly-L-lactide (PLLA)
- Scaffold thickness: 50 μm
- Fibre diameter: 4 μm
- Pore size: 15-30 μm
- Overall porosity: app. 80%
- Non-biodegradable in in vitro applications
- Supplied with lid
- Supplied gamma- or e-beam- irradiated in individually-sealed plastic wrapping
Usage & Handling:
- Compatible with fluorescence microscopy.
- Scaffolds can be coated with materials to facilitate cell adhesion in low serum conditions.
- Cells can be removed from the Mimetix® scaffold by trypsinisation and gentle agitation.
- Protocols for cell seeding, assays, and imaging are available in our Technical Support section.
- Store at room temperature in the dark
- Manufactured in the UK.
Download spec sheet: TECL-002 Mimetix 96-well plate v6.0