Randomly orientated Mimetix® scaffold
Mimics the extracellular matrix while providing a true 3D environment for the cells to grow.
Evaluated with a range of immortalised cell lines, primary cells and stem cells.
Mimetix standard scaffold dimensions:
- Fibre diameter of 4 microns
- Pore size of 15-30 microns, porosity of around 80%
- Depth of 50 microns
- Available formats: 96-well plate fixed scaffold (TECL-002 Mimetix 96-well plate v6.0); 12-well plate with loose scaffolds and retaining rings (TECL-003 Mimetix 12-well plate v4.0) and and sheets or discs
Aligned Mimetix® scaffold
Ideal for cells needing physical guidance and/or where cellular orientation influences cell behaviour and function.
Evaluated with a range of primary cells and stem cells.
Mimetix aligned scaffold standard dimensions:
- Fibre diameter of 2 microns
- Depth of 2-4 microns
- Available formats: 96-well plate fixed scaffolds (TECL-005 Mimetix Aligned 96-well plate v5.0), 384-well plate fixed scaffold including rhodamine in the fibres (TECL-015 Mimetix aligned rhodamine 384-well plate v2.0) and as crown cell inserts in 12 or 24 well plates (TECL006 Mimetix 12-well plate with aligned fibre inserts v4.0)
Extra porous Mimetix® air scaffold
Ideal for flow and bioreactor applications.
Evaluated for stem cell (iPS and hESC) proliferation and differentiation.
Mimetix Air standard dimensions:
- Fibre diameter of 7-8 microns
- Porosity of over 90%
- Depth of up to 3.5 mm
- Available as discs
For more information on bespoke scaffold formats click here