Mimetix (PLLA) electrospun sheets are cut into micro-scaffolds on to which cells can be seeded, grown and differentiated prior to performing more conventional assays in well plates. Cells grow on, around and into the material, forming micro-islands of adherent cells that are effectively “micro-tissues in solution”. Iron particles are incorporated into the fibres to create scaffolds that can be physically manipulated using magnetism.
- Reproducible 3-D culture environment
- Applicable to any cell type (recombinant, human primary cells and iPSC’s plus differentiation)
- Movable: from vessels-to-well and well-to-well with magnetism
- Scalable to any assay throughput
- Integrates seamlessly with current screening and assay workflows
We developed microscaffolds in a collaborative project with Aurelia Bioscience. Project was supported by an InnovateUK/ NC3Rs grant.
- Novel 3-D micro-scaffold platform: A paradigm shift for cell-based screening. Poster presentation at ELRIG Research and Innovation meeting, Liverpool (2016) by M. Vassey (Aurelia Bioscience)
Contact us to discuss your scaffold requirements or look at more of our bespoke services.