Microscaffolds are porous 3D scaffolds with applications in high-throughput screening and cell therapy. Cells grow on, around and into the material, forming micro-islands of adherent cells that are effectively “micro-tissues in solution”.
Mimetix microscaffolds, made from the same polymer and with the same architecture as the scaffolds in our Mimetix well-plates, also contain iron particles so that they can be physically manipulated using magnets.
- Reproducible 3-D culture environment
- Applicable to any cell type
- Movable: from vessels-to-well and well-to-well with magnetism
- Scalable to any assay throughput
- Seamless integration with screening and assay workflows
We developed microscaffolds in a collaborative project with Aurelia Bioscience. Project was supported by an InnovateUK/ NC3Rs grant.
- Novel 3-D micro-scaffold platform: A paradigm shift for cell-based screening. Poster presentation at ELRIG Research and Innovation meeting, Liverpool (2016) by M. Vassey (Aurelia Bioscience).