Microscaffolds are porous 3D scaffolds with applications in high-throughput screening and cell therapy. Cells grow on, around and into the material, forming micro-islands of adherent cells that are effectively “micro-tissues in solution”.
Mimetix microscaffolds, made from the same polymer and with the same architecture as the scaffolds in our Mimetix well-plates, also contain iron particles so that they can be physically manipulated using magnets.
- Reproducible 3-D culture environment
- Applicable to any cell type
- Movable: from vessels-to-well and well-to-well with magnetism
- Scalable to any assay throughput
- Seamless integration with screening and assay workflows
We developed microscaffolds in a collaborative project with Aurelia Bioscience. Project was supported by an InnovateUK/ NC3Rs grant.
- Novel 3-D micro-scaffold platform: A paradigm shift for cell-based screening. Poster presentation at ELRIG Research and Innovation meeting, Liverpool (2016) by M. Vassey (Aurelia Bioscience)
Contact us to discuss your scaffold requirements or look at more of our bespoke services.