At The Electrospinning Company we can design and manufacture electrospun scaffolds in a wide range of formats, morphologies, shapes and sizes. We can tailor a range of attributes to match your needs for cell growth and behaviour and fit with other materials or medical device components. We always consider the regulatory and cost-of-goods implications when designing scaffolds.
- Raw Material: synthetic and biological polymers. We can select polymers to tailor mechanical properties such as stiffness and elasticity as well as degradation rate.
- Porosity: fibre diameter and pore size
- Fibre orientation: random or aligned and combinations for optimised orientation and strength.
We have these capabilities within our Class V clean room:
- Drying and thermal annealing
- Die-cutting and laser machining
- Solvent and sonic welding
- Packaging and labelling
We provide further services through our network of approved suppliers:
- sterilisation by gamma-irradiation, e-beam or ethylene oxide treatment
- Bioburden and sterility studies
- Plasma treatment
Certificate of Analysis
We will agree scaffold QC parameters with you and supply data in a Certificate of Analysis
(some analytical studies are out-sourced to approved suppliers)
Contact us to discuss your scaffold requirements or look at more of our bespoke services.